Sunday, December 19, 2010

Not Available

She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them. Luke 2:7

Don't get me wrong...I would never want to give birth in a stable. I want nurses, doctors, and most importantly, meds! However, God reminded me: Sometimes when we have to improvise (make due with what we have), our life is open to receive and experience so much more. For example, we all know that a kid usually loves and plays more with the box of a toy than the toy itself.

These memories are about the experiences and life with love.

I come from a life of stories. (I wish God had blessed me with the ability to tell them, but that has not happened yet....maybe through writing so I don't go through so many rabbit holes in the story). So much joy comes in my life from remembering moments in my life - a big smile can't help but arise with each thought. This year I have restrained myself and bought a couple of things here and there and let it be. I'm trying to spend my energy and time coming up with moments to create/share with my family rather than searching the internet for another toy.

I'm excited to be living in the moment of Christmas.

There are only a handful times I can recall an awesome hotel or room I traveled to. The adventure is not in the room, it is out there in the unknown....the empty space that is available for any possibility since it is not restricted within a space. Life is an adventure of love. As much as it would scare me to live as Mary did, I am so thankful that Jesus Christ was not born in a room. I am so thankful that the Creator, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Alpha & Omega, Abba, Son of God was born out in the open - an empty space - no restrictions - He filled the void of nothing with Everything! Now we have the ability, through Him, to live life without restrictions, without void/nothingness, open to all possibilities (especially those we can't even imagine). Christ is reminding me that Christmas is about rejoicing in the "Not Available". For in that moment all predictions, laws, and restrictions were removed and Christ used the heavens to unveil His Love, and now all things are possible through Christ! (even a virgin birth)

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment