Friday, February 11, 2011

Squirrelly

Today I found this picture on the National Geographic Site and it made me think that I could relate to being a Red Squirrel.1. The Snow in Arkansas was almost up to my knees.

2. While my ears are not that long, I bet I can hear things my sons do that science would tell you that you would need ears like the Red Squirrel.3. At the current moment I feel as if this would be a current portrait of me: my hair in "defying gravity" style and my eyes are wide open trying to convince myself that I am awake.

4. "The active period for the red squirrel is in the morning and in the late afternoon and evening. During the winter, this mid-day rest is often much more brief, or absent entirely, although harsh weather may cause the animal to stay in its nest for days at a time." - I almost started to check to see if I had red fur or look in a mirror to verify that I am indeed NOT a red squirrel after reading this fact from Wikipedia. This fact could not more accurately depict my life at the moment - recent snow days, sick 2 yr old, and teething baby throwing his naps to the wind as to say "I'm so awesome that I don't need no sinkin' nap".

5. Honestly, this is not a point but I just thought this picture was hilarious. It's like the "comb over" for the Red Squirrel.
6. My brain/thoughts are very squirrelly at times. (point above being a small example) I praise God that He gives me grace & keeps up with me. If you were to replace the "background" snow picture with say my living room filled with toys, I truly feel like this squirrel.
Paused....
Searching....
Hands together and looking, knowing that there was something I was supposed to do....

Sometimes I don't know what is coming my way or what I was in the middle of doing for that matter. There are also times that I don't understand the best way to do things or how Eldin got that car into that space. This is one of the times I have to remind myself:
Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

I take heart in knowing that God knows, he doesn't forget or is bewildered. Not only that, but He created a creature that looks how I feel sometimes: hair straight up, eyes wide open in bafflement, & tiny in a big world. For a person like myself that learns a lot visually, this is a gift to me and I can smile & know that God truly knows what I'm going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment