Wednesday, October 16, 2013

PIN: Chicken Chili Awesomeness

It has been over a year since I have posted -SO Sorry. Through the year I have done numerous pins and had most of them be a success. This recipe was originally a Pin, but all links have proven to be broken or worse. Therefore I'm making this my own :).



Chicken Chili

2-3 Frozen Chicken Breasts
1 Can of Corn (half drained or not drained)
1 Can of Black Beans (Rinsed and Drained)
1 Can of Rotel Tomatoes (I use mild or original, as my family doesn't like too spicy)
1 pkg. Ranch Dressing powder mix
1 Tbsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder (optional)
1 8 oz pkg Cream Cheese

I always use Crock Pot liners. This makes cleaning SO easy and left overs I just lift up the bag and place it in container for the refrigerator.

Place your FROZEN 2-3 chicken breasts in the bottom. Next add each can of ingredients listed above as instructed. Top with the Ranch mix, Cumin, Chili powder, & onion powder (optional). Place the block of cream cheese on top, last.  Place on low for 6 hours. After a couple of hours, if you are home, stir the mixture. An hour before you serve the chili, shred the chicken in the crockpot and stir. Serve over rice or with bread.

We serve over brown rice, as we are trying to watch our white flour/rice intake. Since we do not add any additional spices the chili is mild for the boys to love.  We serve it mixed with rice and topped with wonderful cheese. 

This PIN is such a success that we regularly make this recipe - I'm actually cooking it today in the crock pot as I type. I love having dinner cooking and getting ready before I'm even out of PJs.

Pin It, Did It! Success

No comments:

Post a Comment