Monday, September 10, 2012

PIN: Oreo Gooey Cake Bars

For those that have not read a previous post, you might not know that our family (especially my husband) are huge Oreo fans. Apparently this year is Oreo's 75th Anniversay. Our family is loving this celebration!

This PIN looked so promising to be a quick and awesome dessert. It was quite simple looking too. There are four main ingredients:

Devil Food Cake Mix
Oreos
Sweetened Condensed Milk
Chocolate Chips


While the instructions showed breaking the dough into pieces and then putting them together again in the pan, I just took the whole dough and flattened it out into the pan. It was very easy and I think saved a lot of time. The most time came in crashing the Oreos.  I didn't want them too fine, but chunks, so I didn't use my food processor. I used a metal spoon in the bowl I combined the dough (less items to wash). I might be able to save time by crushing them in a ziploc bag with a rolling bin or glass. At the time I was low on gallon ziploc bags.

It was so very easy to make - the kids helped!

They turned out specatular! My husband and I had one that night after it had cooled maybe 45-60 minutes.  It was still warm and extremely gooey. The next day they were in better/perfect bar form. They are still very gooey, but firm bar form.  They are VERY rich and awesome.

This PIN was a success! Pin It, Did It.


No comments:

Post a Comment